DJI Mavic Mini Quadcopter - The Everyday Flycam
Mavic Mini is an easy-to-use, affordable flying camera for capturing
all your fun. Truly compact, portable consumer quadcopters have been
around—but not with the performance of the Mavic Mini from DJI, the
world’s leader in reliable, feature-filled drones. Mavic Mini folds to
fit in a backpack, jacket or cargo pants pocket and weighs little more
than your smartphone.
Mini is fast and goes exactly where you want because controls are
simple and GPS is built in. It records high-definition, shake-free video
and clear still photos, as you’d expect from DJI. And at 249 grams, or
less than 8.8 ounces, the Mavic Mini is exempt from federal regulations,
so you don’t even have to register it.
Mavic Mini features:
- Lightweight: Just over ½ lb.
- Pocket size: 5.5x3.3x2.2 in. folded
- Flight time: Up to 30 minutes
- Range: 2.48 miles
- Shake-free: 3-axis gimbal for smooth video
- Quality video: 2.7K high-definition
- Sharp stills: 12MP
- Sharing: Easy recording, editing
- Simple controls: 2-stick controller that links to and holds your smartphone
Everything You Need To Fly
In addition to the Mavic Mini, you get a remote controller,
rechargeable battery, recharging cord, wall-outlet recharger,
screwdriver for propellers, and carrying case.
The remote controller links effortlessly to the drone on startup. It
uses the downloadable DJI Fly app. Twin joysticks give complete
directional control. When you attach your smartphone, you see live video
streamed in 720p high-definition, information such as GPS location and
speed, and command buttons. Press one button for takeoff, another for
landing, one for Return To Home and another to see how much battery
power is left.
The controller folds and the control sticks remove for easier storage and carrying.
Link Your Smartphone
To see what the Mavic Mini sees, attach your smartphone to the
included remote controller. The controller adjusts to hold any
compatible phone from .255 to .34 inches thick and up to 6.3 inches
long. You may have to remove thick cases—no big deal. Phones that
operate on iOS v10.0 or later or Android v6.0 or later are compatible.
Save photos and videos to your phone and edit them on the DJI Fly app, then share.
Mavic Mini has a high-performance camera to capture your adventures.
Video is recorded in 2.7K high-definition at 30 frames per second.
Stills are a sharp 12MP. Shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 second freeze
action. Everything is captured through a big 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor.
The field of view is 83 degrees from a lens that is equivalent to
24mm in a 35mm format, an angle wide enough to capture big groups and
plenty of scenery. Closer shots are accomplished by flying the drone
nearer to the subject— when it’s safe to do so.
Mavic Mini’s camera is attached to a tiny motorized gimbal that
cancels out drone movements on three axes. Even though the drone may be
moving slightly while hovering, the camera is held steady. Video is
stabilized, appearing smooth and shake-free. It’s a small-scale version
of the same process that Hollywood filmmakers use. Gimbals are more
precise than digital stabilization, which is more common on drones in
this price range
Mavic Mini’s 12MP stills are crystal clear and blur-free. DJI
firmware makes details stand out, not wash out. Colors pop, making
subjects look like they do to the human eye. Your girlfriend’s smile
will be just as white, your boyfriend’s eyes just as blue, and a child’s
hair just as brown and curly as in real life.
Want more than one shot? Mavic Mini’s camera can shoot stills at preset intervals, from every 2 to every 60 seconds.
The DJI Fly app lets you store video and stills in your controller-connected smartphone.
To make Mavic Mini store your photos and video internally, just
insert a microSD card that you supply. A card slot is under the battery
lid. Slip the card in, then snap the battery cover closed. Cards storing
up to 256GB are available.
Edit Your Images
Using the included DJI Fly app, edit videos and stills to your liking. Add or remove music or apply templates.
Help From GPS
Satellite positioning with GPS—the same technology that sends you
accurate directions while you’re driving—helps to simplify flight by:
- Letting you tell Mini how high and far to fly.
- Telling you where Mini is.
- Allowing Mini to fly back to the same spot it was when you interrupted flight to replace the battery.
- Memorizing the drone’s safe route, enabling it to return home with one touch of the Return To Home command.
- Helping Mavic Mini automatically land
within inches of the spot where it took off. If Mini’s down-facing
sensors determine that it’s not safe to land, Mini tells you so you can
move it a few inches or feet and bring it down safely by using the
QuickShots Flight Programs
Mavic Mini will help you take creative selfies and other interesting video. QuickShots pilot assist programs do the hard part:
Dronie. The camera locks onto the subject, backs up and flies upward as high as you choose, from 40 to 120 feet.
Rocket. The camera locks on the subject and flies straight up to a distance you set between 40 and 120 feet.
Circle. Set the distance and altitude and Mavic Mini will circle your subject.
Helix. Set the altitude between 40 and 120 feet and Mini will fly up and away to that distance, circling the subject.
Of course, you can manually control the drone if you want a selfie
that shows you and your friends or family. Move the drone back to get in
more of the scenery that you’re enjoying, or closer for a tighter shot.
- An extra Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery means more airtime and less waiting for a charged battery.
- The Mavic Mini Two-Way Charging Bank can replenish up to three Intelligent Flight Batteries at a time and charge external devices, including your phone.
- A stylish charging base keeps your drone primed for flight and on display at home.
- Recommended for indoor flight, a 360-degre propeller guard protects props and your drone against damage from barriers or crashes.
- The Mavic Mini DIY Creative Kit includes stickers and color markers to dress up your Mini, and wipes to erase your handiwork and apply a new look.
- The Snap Adapter includes small attachments for more fun, including an LCD screen for messages, 2 erasable pens and a building block.
- Mavic Mini Bag holds the Mini, controller, two-way charging bank, extra batteries and other accessories.
- Spare propellers provide two pairs of propellers and screws, including extra screws.
- Spare control sticks make sure your controller is always ready to go.
Whats in the box:
- Gimbal Protector*
- Remote Controller
- Pair of Spare Propellers
- Micro USB Cable
- 3 - Intelligent Flight Battery
- 360° Propeller Guard
- Two-Way Charging Hub
- RC Cable (Micro USB connector)*
- RC Cable (USB-C connector)*
- RC Cable (Lightning connector)*
- DJI 18W USB Charger
- Pair of Spare Control Sticks*
- Spare Screw*
- Carrying Bag